Saturday, November 21, 2009

NIP Journal

The Northern Institute of Philosophy is thinking of starting up another Analysis-like philosophy journal that specializes in shorter papers. Philosophers can vote in their poll about whether they should do it. I think this is great! Sometimes I've been told that articles I've submitted were too short, and larded them up with not-as-important stuff to make them properly lengthy. That's a bad situation for everybody. Having another short-paper journal would really help.

I hope they make the journal open-access and free like Philosophers' Imprint! From what I've heard, librarians are eager to help out with that sort of thing.

3 comments:

Michael Drake said...

Gettier changed the conversation in epistemology in 3 pages. The hint seems not to have been taken.

Josh May said...

I don't think we should hope that they make it open-access. I say we don't support it unless it is. Another Analysis-style journal would be great, but I think it would be absurd not to make it open-access.

Josh May said...

Oh, and why in the world aren't they doing ethics submissions???? That sure seems like a deal breaker (as Liz Lemon would say).