Thursday, May 26, 2005

Who cares about Bill Frist?

In the aftermath of the filibuster deal, I heard lots of people crowing about how it was trouble for Frist's presidential chances. It's obvious that this hurts him as a Senate leader, but I'm willing to take Dobson's pro-Frist language at face value, and say that some on the theocratic right will see Frist as their man in opposition to the traitorous McCain.

But the real question is, who cares about Frist? Why do people want to hurt his chances of getting the nomination? I don't like him, but I don't see why we should be happy about pushing him aside and helping, say, George Allen get it instead. I'm happy about damaging McCain, because his media profile makes him a fearsome opponent and he signed up to be a tool of evil, but I don't see that Frist was necessarily our most dangerous foe.

No comments: