Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Dispatches from Tar Valon

When I saw this picture, I was like, "They look awesome!" But the conservatives in the comments section were all freaked out. Where I saw the Aes Sedai or maybe the Bene Gesserit, they saw... well, I don't really know what they saw. I guess it's one of those cultural things, but I'll stand by the view that robes like that look a lot better on 60-year-old women than on similarly aged men.

Maybe this is why people on the right were so freaked out by Dungeons & Dragons. It wasn't that demons would tempt kids into Satanism -- it was that priestesses would tempt them into feminism!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a Jedi, and probably an evil one because she's wearing black.

But I'm pretty sure the Dark Side is an equal opportunity employer, so it's all good.