Saturday, May 21, 2005

bathrooms

I mishear lyrics worse than anybody else. Here's the chorus of Rilo Kiley's "Portions for Foxes".

And it's bad news
Baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news

The first time I heard this song, it was at their show in Austin. And what did I hear? "bathrooms, bathrooms, bathrooms." I was kind of into the song though I had no idea what it was about, so I googled ""Rilo Kiley" bathrooms" to find the lyrics. Of course, I didn't find anything. (Actually, there are a full 1,460 hits for that search string, but none of them are what I was looking for.)

In mishearing-unrelated news, I rather like the title lyrics. People talking about their deaths in terms of becoming food for scavengers always seemed really powerful to me.

In lyrics-unrelated news, lead singer Jenny Lewis is really cute.

No comments: